Dr v sivasubramanian
Symposia/workshops/press meet organized
1. National Workshop on Gracilaria spp. from Indian Shores” May 2001 which was attended by 35 participants from allover India. Nearly 35 species of Gracilaria were worked out during the week long workshop Click here for details.
2. National symposium on Limnology in India held in our college during 17th to 19th Aug, 2002. Click here for details.
3. National Workshop on Carrageenans and Carrageenophytes of India � held in our college during 21st to 23rd Nov, 2002. Click here for details.
4. National level workshop on Methods in Limnology held during 16th to 22nd� November, 2003 as a convener and resource person.Click here for details.
5. National Symposium on Algae and Environment was jointly organized by Unit of Algal Physiology and Biotechnology, RKM Vivekananda College, Chennai and Krishnamurthy Institute of Algology, Chennai at Obul Reddy Auditorium, RKM Vivekananda College. on 24th and 25th September 2005.
6. As a Founder Secretary of Limnological Society of India, conducted a National Conference � on “Current Perspectives in Aquatic Biology in collaboration with Dept of Zoology, University of Madras during Feb 17 - 18, 2006
7.National Symposium on “Algal Bio-diversity and its role in Bio-remediation” at RKM Vivekananda College jointly with Krishnamurthy Institute of Algology from 23rd to 25th September 2006.
7. VIAT organized a press meet on 6th october 2006 to announce its new finding on the application of skygel in phycoremediation.